Dates: Opportunities All Year Long
Location: Bethel Farm in Hillsborough, NH
Pictures: Click here for a full slideshow
Farm apprentices and a lead farmer wanted.
Yoga and earth sensitive farming techniques are a natural fit! We grow a wide variety of vegetables and fruits organically and yogically through four seasons. Feed yourself, the community, and retreat groups. (we host up to 25 at a a time). Free yoga classes are an integral part of the week and lifestyle.The benefits and insights of yoga translate to the gardens: Yogic Farming! We have a pond to swim in on hot days, a waterfall down the road, and trails through the woods for forest bathing or trail running. Your energy and attitude are awesome resources that we value highly. Plan on devoting 36 hours a week to the work of farming and hosting, generally 6 hours a day. There is opportunity for innovation and special projects. We offer indoor four season housing (tenting if you prefer), some shared vegetarian meals and some self prepared, and a weekly stipend.
Apprentices: farming and yoga experience helpful but not necessary. Love for the outdoors is a must!! Minimum commitment is for 3 months. Some stay a full year.
Skills & Projects covered this year
- Sustainable Agriculture Skills
- Permaculture Skills
- Extending the Growing Season with a Greenhouse
- Saving Seeds
- Efficient Building – Local Materials, Building with the sun and with the land
- Sun Drying Tomatos
- Creating and maintaining trails in the open areas around the farm
- Managing our water resources
- Daily Yoga Classes
- Delivering surplus harvests to the Hillsborough food pantry
- Preserving, drying, and storing the harvest
- Bee Keeping
Please contact us for any questions you might have, or to start the application process.
- Use of the sauna, pond, hiking trails, biking etc.
- Free time an important element.
- Daily Yoga & Meditation available
- Be a part of a growing retreat center – possible to stay on longer for those who are able to contribute in a meaningful way.
Room & Food
- Off-site: You are welcome to stay off site
- Free Camping: You can find a great place on the farm to set your tent. We have outdoor bathrooms you can use.
- Free Shared Room: When available.
- Food is provided when we have retreats and trainings. Otherwise, apprentices are responsible for their own food and can use one of our kitchens for cooking.